HANAH superfood mocktails
The holiday season is one of our favorite times of the year. We see it as a reminder to take stock of what we're grateful for, what we'll take with us into the New Year and what new opportunities might await there. Most years, but this one especially, we're grateful for our health and plan to continue seeking new and innovative ways to improve our performance and overall well being.
Join us in celebrating another holiday season with our HANAH superood mocktail recipes. The healthy adaptogens and brain-boosting nootropics will keep you fueled through all of the celebrations, and the best part is, you can pick the herbs that will deliver the mood boost you’re looking for and feel amazing the next day.
To make the mocktail:
- 6 ounces blood orange La Croix (or the healthy, fizzy beverage of your choice)
- 1/2 ounce of honey simple syrup (see below)
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 sprig fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon HANAH Coffee Boost
- Squeeze of lime
- Handful of ice
To make the honey simple syrup:
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup of water
Prepare the honey simple syrup:
- Combine 1/2 cup of honey and 1/2 cup of water in a small pot and bring to a boil on medium heat
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and simmer until thickened, about 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool and then transfer to an air-tight container until ready to use. Keeps in the refrigerator for about a week. Can use in cocktails, coffee, teas, etc.
Assemble your mocktail:
- Put 1/2 ounce of simple syrup into a shaker with the rosemary sprig. Muddle the rosemary gently to infuse the flavors. You do not want to crush the rosemary, but rather simply activate the herbs so they release their oils.
- Add the rest of the ingredients on top of the muddled rosemary and shake.
- Strain into a chilled glass.
- Add garnish of rosemary and mint (you can also add citrus slices or fruit).
Build your own superfood mocktail
Choose your base
Start off with a base such as kombucha, herbal tea, seltzer, a healthy soda or juice.
Go for flavor
Next, add fruit, citrus or even veggies such as tomatoes, fennel or cucumbers/pickles, if you like a savory flavor profile. Add fresh kitchen herbs such as rosemary, sage, basil or mint, or ground herbs such as cinnamon, cardamom or ginger.
Add your HANAH superfoods
- HANAH ONE is our flagship superfood product contains 30 wild-harvested herbs in a base of honey, ghee and sesame oil. Tasting notes: raisin and cinnamon flavor with a slight bitterness & sweetness.
- Coffee Boost is vegan and only contains four ingredients: Ashwagandha, Bacopa Monnieri and Mucuna Pruriens and Kerlan coconut milk powder. HANAH Coffee Boost helps to improve focus and concentration, diminish the spike and crash associated with the use of caffeine and soothe the nervous system. Tasting notes: slightly salty and coconut flavors, mixes well and doesn’t overpower.
- Ashwagandha+ is called the magical herb in Ayurvedic circles, and it is considered to be nature’s gift to mankind. For athletes, ashwangandha is considered a must have adaptogen as it helps improve muscle mass, strength and endurance, relieve stress and support longevity. Tasting notes: slightly bitter, but masked perfectly by adding sweetness of matcha, coconut cream, maca or vanilla.
Take a peak at these other HANAH recipes:
- HANAH Ashwagandha evening tonic
- Turbo-charged HANAH golden milk
- HANAH zen: the herbal tea tonic
- Download our HANAH Recipe e-book
Like this recipe? Share it!