Support health an wellbeing by adjusting your nutrition with the seasons
By McCauley Tawpash
It’s so important to make health a priority now more than ever. As a holistic health coach and wellness chef, my philosophy about living well goes way beyond just what I put on my plate. I believe living a holistic lifestyle is based on balancing nutrition, movement, mindfulness, community and creativity. Incorporating all of these pillars into my life helps me feel balanced and grounded.
As far as nutrition, I like to focus on nutrition from a whole-food perspective and eat in rhythm with the seasons. Eating with the seasons supports immunity, encourages detox and provides access to the freshest foods available.
My health is one of my top priorities and I use food and nutrition as a tool to support my health and wellbeing. Some ways that I do this are by planning and prepping my meals for a busy week ahead. That’s why I love HANAH so much! They pack so many beneficial herbs and adaptogens into their products, which makes it easy to incorporate them into my routine. Since the weather has gotten colder, I’ve switched up my morning smoothie for a warm bowl of oats. I’ve been mixing some HANAH ONE into my oats and it’s so delicious! Check out this easy recipe I created that I make several times a week to support my immunity and overall health.
Ingredients:Makes 1 serving
- 3/4 cup oat milk or coconut milk
- ½ cup sprouted oats
- ½ tsp pumpkin spice
- ½ tbsp coconut butter
- ½ tsp HANAH ONE
- ¼ tsp vanilla bean
- Pinch of salt
- ½ apple, chopped
- 1 spoon full of coconut yogurt
- ½ tsp of HANAH ONE
- Sprinkle of walnuts
- Sprinkle of pepitas
- Sprinkle of bee pollen
- Heat the oats, coconut milk, pumpkin spice, vanilla, coconut butter and salt over medium heat.
- Mix well and cook for 5-7 minutes until the oats are cooked through.
- Remove from heat and stir in HANAH ONE.
- Spoon the oats into a bowl, top with fresh chopped apple, coconut yogurt and HANAH ONE. Sprinkle walnuts, pepitas and bee pollen on top.
Want more healthy eating inspiration?
- Check out more of McCauley's delicious and healthy recipes on Instagram.
- Explore more HANAH recipes.