HANAH cardamom & ghee chai latte
When you wake up and need a warm, nourishing, and tasty pick-me-up!
The aroma of the ginger and cardamom fill your space, and the ghee gets your metabolism going. The jaggery or coconut sugar adds a hint of sweetness to complete an authentic Indian chai.
- Black tea, loose or bag, preferably decaf
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2-3 cardamom pods
- 1 tablespoon Vechur Ghee
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon jaggery or coconut sugar
- ¼ cup almond milk
- Steep ginger with hot water.
- After a few minutes, add the jaggery (or coconut sugar) and tea. Let it steep and reduce for a few minutes before adding ghee.
- Enjoy as is or add almond milk for an authentic chai flavor.
Original Recipe by Meghna Agarwal, HANAH employee, Ayurvedic chef, and mother
Like this recipe? Share it!