HANAH Blackbelly glaze + marinade
This simple glaze or marinade is an amazing addition to your grass-fed beef, pork or seasonal veggie of choice. Whip it up to give a kick to your dinner whether it's grilled, baked, seared or pan-fried.
- ¼ cup panela or other raw sugar
- ¼ cup water (chilled)
- 1 teaspoon HANAH ONE
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
Make the glaze or marinade
- Turn stove to medium heat, add water, sugar and HANAH ONE and stir to combine with wooden spoon.
- Simmer for 3 minutes while continuing to stir slowly while it reduces to prevent scorching.
- Turn off and remove from heat and continue to stir for 1 minute.
Use as a glaze
- Place the veggies, meat or fish on cooking surface.
- Flip once first side is cooked to your liking then apply glaze with brush.
- Flip back to first side and repeat glaze application.
- Cook until glaze is caramelized to perfection!
- Remove from heat and serve.
Use as a marinade
- In a ziploc bag or bowl, combine veggies, meat or fish with marinade.
- Seal up & place in fridge for 20 minutes to 2 days.
- Take out of package and cook on grill, stovetop or oven.
Store covered at room temperature for 2+ weeks.
Recipe by Nate Singer, head butcher of Blackbelly Market in Boulder, Colorado
Like this recipe? Share it!