Steak with HANAH Vechur Ghee
Craving protein with a healthy source of fat? Look no further than this grass-fed dish. Loaded with the protein building blocks that make us feel good and perform at our best, this dish is a great way to build the body up while keeping our tissues lubricated and strong. Pairs perfectly with the Cauliflower Mash.
- 2 grass fed ribeye steaks (8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoon HANAH Vechur Ghee
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Additional HANAH Vechur Ghee for rubbing on steak
- Combine salt, pepper, paprika. Set aside.
- Heat cast iron pan on high for a few minutes.
- Rub room-temperature steaks with some Vechur Ghee. Sprinkle dry rub on steaks.
- Place steaks on the hot pan and cook for 4 minutes on each side. Remove and cover with foil.
- Add crushed garlic, rosemary and Vechur Ghee to hot pan. Cook until the garlic is fragrant. Pour over steaks and serve hot. Once the pan starts smoking, place steaks and cook for 3 minutes on the first side until medium rare. Flip it and cook the other side for 3 more minutes. Place cooked steaks on a plate and cover with foil so that they rest for a few minutes. Meanwhile, reduce the heat to medium low and add the garlic cloves, rosemary, and butter to the pan. Cook until rosemary is fragrant and garlic is soft. Pour on top of cooked steaks and serve immediately.
Recipe by Meghna Agarwal, HANAH employee, Ayurvedic chef and mother
Check out these similar recipes:
- Chicken stir-fry with HANAH Vechur Ghee
- Adaptogenic turkey brine and rub
- Lemon chicken with HANAH Vechur Ghee
Like this recipe? Share it!