A healthy, tasty treat that packs a nutritious and flavorful punch. Pairs well with our Vechur Ghee steak recipe. Yum!
- 2 cups Basmati Rice
- 1 onion, sliced
- 6 tablespoons Vechur Ghee
- ¼ cup raisins
- ½ cup cashews
- 3 - 4 tablespoons cilantro
- 4 cups water
- Ginger garlic chilli paste
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 green chili
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 2 star anise
- 6 cardamom pods
- 1 bay leaf
- 6-8 peppercorns
- Salt to taste
- Soak the rice in water for 30 minutes.
- Blend together the ginger, garlic and green chilli and make a paste.
- Heat 3 tablespoons Vechur Ghee in a big pan and fry ¼ of the sliced onions until golden brown. Set aside.
- Fry the cashews and raisins and set aside.
- Add the whole spices and fry for a few seconds.
- Add the remaining onion and fry till translucent.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
- Now add the rice and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Pour in the water, salt and mix. Bring to a boil. Once boiling cover with a lid and simmer. Cook for 20 minutes or until the water is absorbed.
- Once cooked mix in cilantro and garnish with fried onions and cashews and raisins. Enjoy!
Original Recipe by Meghna Agarwal; HANAH employee, Ayurvedic chef, and mother