Vechur Ghee rice
A healthy, tasty treat that packs a nutritious and flavorful punch. Pairs well with our Vechur Ghee steak recipe. Yum!
2 cups Basmati Rice
1 onion, sliced
6 tablespoons Vechur Ghee
¼ cup raisins
½ cup cashews
3 - 4 tablespoons cilantro
4 cups water
Ginger garlic chilli paste
1 inch fresh ginger
4 cloves garlic
1 green chilli
1 inch cinnamon stick
2 star anise
6 cardamom pods
1 bay leaf
Salt to taste
- Soak the rice in water for 30 minutes.
- Blend together the ginger, garlic and green chilli and make a paste.
- Heat 3 tablespoons Vechur Ghee in a big pan and fry ¼ of the sliced onions until golden brown. Set aside.
- Fry the cashews and raisins and set aside.
- Add the whole spices and fry for a few seconds.
- Add the remaining onion and fry till translucent.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
- Now add the rice and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Pour in the water, salt and mix. Bring to a boil. Once boiling cover with a lid and simmer. Cook for 20 minutes or until the water is absorbed.
- Once cooked mix in cilantro and garnish with fried onions and cashews and raisins. Enjoy!
Original Recipe by Meghna Agarwal; HANAH employee, Ayurvedic chef, and mother
Like this recipe? Share it!