HANAH Ashwagandha superfood chocolate quinoa bark
With the holidays behind us, that doesn't mean the seasonal sugar cravings have vanished. As we head into the new year with a goal of cutting down on sugar, it is still important to give yourself a treat here and there! It is also important to note that not all sweets are created equal and this is why we are bringing this healthy HANAH Ashwagandha+ superfood chocolate bark that will satisfy your sweet tooth without compromising your health goals. This sweet and salty treat is a unique dessert that is loaded with superfoods and antioxidants, helping the body fight free radicals and support the immune system. Better yet, this recipe is kid approved and easy to whip up when you need a sweet fix.
Switch up the toppings to suit your mood or match the time of year. For Halloween, use dried apricots and for the holiday season, add dried cranberries or a dash of mint extract.
Pro tip: Don’t skimp on the quality of the dark chocolate. And if quinoa is not your favorite, substitute in oats or buckwheat groats.
For the bark:
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and dried
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Pinch of fine salt
Optional add-in or sub:
- Sub HANAH Coffee Boost for HANAH Ashwagandha+ or add 1 tablespoon it into the bark!
- Add 1/3 cup finely chopped almonds for extra crunch!
For the topping
- 8 ounce dark chocolate, 80% cocoa or higher
- 3 tablespoons HANAH Ashwagandha+
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
Optional toppings: coconut shreds, nuts, seeds, dried fruit, goji berries, cacao pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix the quinoa, salt and coconut oil in a large mixing bowl.
- Microwave until melted.
- Add honey and mix everything together.
- In the baking sheet, spread quinoa mixture about ½ inch thick.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. The quinoa will be brown and toasty but still soft.
- Remove from the oven and put it in the freezer to harden.
- Mix the chocolate, ashwagandha and coconut oil in a microwaveable dish and melt.
- Remove the hardened quinoa from the freezer.
- Spread the chocolate mixture in an even layer and add the toppings.
- Place the sheet in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Cut up in chunky pieces and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place.
Yields about 10 servings
Adapted from thisbrownkitchen.com
Recipe by Meghna Agarwal, HANAH employee, Ayurvedic chef and mother
Check out these other similar HANAH recipes:
Like this recipe? Share it!