Crispy cacao hemp treats with HANAH Ashwagandha
To commemorate the launch of HANAH Ashwagandha batch 005, we wanted to share this lovely take on the rice crispy treat... with a lot more micronutrients. Since it makes 16 bars, don't hesitate to bring it on your next weekend hike or picnic.
- 4 cups puffed brown rice crisps
- 1 cup hulled hemp seeds
- 2/3 cup unsalted almond butter
- 2/3 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 3-4 tablespoons freeze-dried raspberries/goji berries
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, plus a little more for greasing
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons HANAH Ashwagandha
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heaping ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- A few pinches flaky sea salt
- Rub a little coconut oil in an 7″x11″ baking pan.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large saucepan over low heat. Add the nut butter, brown rice syrup, maple syrup, vanilla and fine salt, and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the cacao powder and HANAH Ashwagandha until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add the puffed brown rice, hemp seeds, chia, and stir quickly to combine, then pour the mixture into your baking pan and press firmly (using the back of a large spoon or spatula rubbed with a little coconut oil really helps).
- Once smooth and even, generously sprinkle the top with the freeze-dried raspberries and flaky salt.
- Place in the fridge or freezer to firm up, then slice into bars or squares and enjoy.
- Store the bars in a tightly sealed container in the fridge or freezer.
Makes about 16 bars
Recipe adapted from "My New Roots"
Like this recipe? Share it!