Raw, vegan and loaded with healthy fats and adaptogens for next-level athletic performance and recovery
As triathlete training for multiple races, 70.3 Ironman included, Melissa Gansz has incorporated HANAH Ashwagandha+ into her everyday nutrition routine. In addition to including Ashwagandha+ into her fruit and greens smoothie each morning, she has also incorporated the blend into these healthy fat, no bake, adaptogen brownies.
Melissa is in pursuit of her masters in clinical medicinal herbalism and she started using HANAH as her trusted source for pure ingredient herbal adaptogens to give her that added endurance boost for heavy 15+ hour training weeks. Training for an Ironman, or any competitive sport for that matter, can be tough to balance when you are already exhausted from tackling the ebbs and flows of everyday life. High quality nutrition and fueling the body is a top priority for triathletes, as well as any athlete who is striving to push barriers and unlock next-level athletic performance.
Melissa's experience with HANAH:
HANAH’s Ashwagandha+ has helped me aid hormone balance and increase both strength and stamina during training sessions. As a personal testimony, I wake up feeling more recovered than ever, even after 50+ mile cycling rides or 10+ mile trail runs. The classic saying “you are what you eat” truly translates to consuming HANAH Ashwagandha+. Herbal adaptogens, ashwagandha included, typically grow in harsh, dry or high-altitude environments. They are known as “hardy” herbs containing plant phytochemicals (plant chemicals) that give them their extreme resilience. In short, when these phytochemicals are consumed, our bodies’ non-specific immune response is strengthened. In other words, regardless of the stressor, whether it be physical, chemical, or from everyday life stress, our bodies are better able to “bounce back” to a state of equilibrium. When we are then confronted by a stressful moment or activity, our body does not crash, but rather stays balanced and simply moves on through in a calmer state.
I swear by the importance of training, nutrition, sleep and recovery. The body should be fed with trusted high-quality foods and supplements like those that HANAH offers. Combined with adequate sleep, rest days and HANAH’s Ashwagandha+, I have discovered a nutrition and training regimen that has left me feeling stronger, balanced and more motivated than ever before. As humans, we are an extension of nature and food is our medicine. There is good reason why Ashwagandha has been known as Rasayana, “the rejuvenating herb,” in India for centuries. Treat and fuel your body well, you’ll be surprised what it gives back to you in return!
Melissa's Ashwagandha+ no-bake adaptogen brownies:
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup nut butter (any kind)
- 1/2 large mashed avocado
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons powdered rhodiola root
- 2 teaspoons HANAH Ashwagandha+
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup nut butter
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/2 mashed avocado
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In food processor or blender combine brownie ingredients and blend to thoroughly mixed together:
- Place into greased muffin or cake tin (I used coconut oil spray)
- Let solidify in fridge for 2 hours
- Frosting: While brownie portion is solidifying in the fridge, blend the topper ingredients
- After two hours, remove brownies from muffin tin, or if cake tin was used, cut your brownies into your desired portions
- Add frosting
- Top your brownies with crushed walnuts and enjoy!
Interested in more recipes like this? Check these out:
- HANAH ONE breakfast cookies
- HANAH Ashwagandha+ superfood chocolate quinoa bark
- Crispy cacao hemp treats with HANAH Ashwagandha+