We've been craving a healthy and detoxifying, yet satisfying meal lately which led us to the creation of this Coconut & Carrot Curried soup! Using our HANAH Vechur Ghee to sizzle our onions in, and a finishing with a dollop of HANAH ONE gave this soup the perfect amount of flavors needed to make this one of our favorite recipes yet! A great warming and satisfying soup for the cold winter months.
We teamed up with one of our favorite companies COPRA who source organic Thai "Nam Hom" coconuts while they are still young and green in order to extract the best tasting coconut products on earth. They never use concentrates, preservatives or additives, and minimally process their coconut products. They recognize the value of this resource and are driven by a commitment to ecologically and economically viable methods of sharing the uncompromised taste and extraordinary nutritional benefits of our products. Our missions align to source the purest and highest quality ingredients, so creating this collaboration with them was a super treat!
- 12 carrots washed
- 4 sticks of celery washed
- 10 sprigs parsley
- 32oz (1 box) vegetable broth
- 1cup COPRA Young Thai Coconut Meat
- 1 tbs HANAH ONE
- 1 heaping tbs HANAH Vechur Ghee
- 1/2 white onion
- 1/2 tbs white miso
- 1 tbs curry powder
- 1 1/2 tbs garlic powder or 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tbs black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Place a pot of water on the stove to boil with a steam basket inside
- While waiting for the water to boil chop up carrots, celery and place into steam basket
- While waiting for those veggies to become soft, place a pan on medium heat with enough Vechur Ghee to cover bottom of pan
- Quickly chop onion and place into pan and let golden and add your garlic powder
- Once carrots and celery are soft, drain water out and then place them into the pot with the cooked onion
- Add veggie broth, then miso, then Young Thai Coconut meat, chopped parsley and rest of spices
- Use and immersion blender to blend everything together in pot or pour into vitamin to blend (may need to split into two batches to fit)
- Add salt to taste
- Serve with a few fresh leaves of parsley and a dollop of HANAH ONE to add a slight sweetness and warming spices
- Enjoy a healthy, light and fresh warming winter soup!
Yields up to 6 bowls of soup.
To make a vegan dish simply omit the HANAH Vechur Ghee
Check out these similar HANAH recipes
Image and recipe by HANAH employee Brook Castle