Elevate your pumpkin seeds with HANAH ONE this Halloween
Pumpkin seeds may be small, but they're packed full of valuable nutrients. Eating only a small amount of them can provide you with a substantial quantity of minerals your body needs (and can’t create) like magnesium and zinc along with a healthy amount of quality fat. Each of which have been associated with health benefits including improved heart health, prostate health and protection against certain cancers.
Friend of HANAH and Digital Media Director at Guayaki Yerba Mate, Madison Olson, shared this creative recipe to take our pumpkin seeds to the next level this fall season.
"If you are a lover of sweet and salty treats (who isn’t?), this super easy fall recipe is right up your alley. One thing I’m not a lover of is waste, so when it comes to the cooking, I try to find purpose for each item in its entirety. So, when carving your pumpkins this Halloween, keep hold of your delicious seeds instead of sending those slimy guys into the compost. It was so easy to spruce up the age old roasted pumpkin seed method by adding a bit of HANAH ONE, sea salt and olive oil. Throw these babies into the oven for 15 minutes to get them to their crispy, chewy, delightful prime. Be advised: You may want to use parchment paper underneath the seeds to avoid a soak and scrub fest. Enjoy!
– Madison Olson, Digital Media Director at Guayaki Yerba Mate
Get directions on how to spin the ol' salt, pepper and olive oil recipe into a sweet adaptogenic snack that'll be sure to delight your guests and spooky visitors this Halloween.
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds (washed and de-slimed)
- 1 tablespoon HANAH ONE
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Set oven to 400 degrees
- Place parchment paper down on a baking pan
- Mix your olive oil and salt together and poor on top of seeds and mix evenly
- Spread seeds evenly on parchment paper
- About at the 10 minute mark your seeds should be light brown, take your HANAH ONE and sprinkle it around on the seeds and let it just melt before taking the seeds out of the oven (adding at the end prevents scalding the herbs)
- Remove the pan and poor all of the seeds and HANAH ONE into a bowl and mix one last time to make sure it is evenly applied
Check out these other delicious HANAH recipes to get you excited for the holidays:
- HANAH ONE Superfood Fudge
- HANAH Blackbelly Aioli
- HANAH's Holiday pumpkin pie non-dairy & gluten-free version
- HANAH ONE pumpkin muffins
- Adaptogenic turkey brine & rub
Like this recipe? Share it!