Cocoa & coconut adaptogenic power balls
Adaptogens support metabolic processes that ultimately help our bodies restore balance. Physical and mental stress takes a toll on our endocrine, immune, and neurological systems. These herbs work to counteract stress effects within the body. Like all effective health habits, they must be consumed daily for 2-3 weeks to truly feel the positive change.
- 12-16 dates, through food processor
- 1 cup ground walnuts
- 3 Tbsp almond butter (or any nut butter)
- 3 Tbsp HANAH ONE
- 3 Tbsp Dandy Blend
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- coconut flakes for topping
- Mix all ingredients together (except coconut flakes) in a medium-large bowl.
- Roll mixture into small balls.
- Roll the balls through coconut flakes so that each ball is coated.
- Place in the freezer until ready to consume. Eat frozen or let soften at room temperature for a few minutes (good for 4 weeks in the freezer).
Recipe by Clinical Medicinal Herbalism student, Melissa Gansz.
Like this recipe? Share it!