White bean and squash soup with Ashwagandha+
Soup season is here! As the weather turns colder, our bodies naturally crave warm, nourishing foods. This white bean and squash soup with HANAH Ashwagandha+ is a perfect, quick and nutrient-dense meal for a chilly night. It’s packed with fiber, protein, healthy fats and calming adaptogens.
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups vegetable broth, or bone broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 can white beans
- 1 onion
- 2 shallots
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp miso
- 1 tbsp HANAH Ashwagandha+
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1-2 tbsp coconut yogurt for garnish
- Fresh herbs for garnish
- In a large pot over medium heat, add ghee, onions and shallots and sweat until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add squash, garlic, turmeric, pepper, salt and sautee for a few more minutes.
- Add coconut milk, white beans and vegetable broth. Cover and simmer for 20- 30 minutes, or until squash is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in the ashwagandha.
- Using an immersion blender, blend soup until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl, top with coconut yogurt, fresh herbs, pepper and flakey sea salt. Serve immediately.
Recipe by holistic health coach & wellness chef, McCauley Tawpash. Visit McCauley's blog for more delicious and nutritious whole food recipes.
Like this recipe? Share it!