This warm take on chia pudding is comfort and nutrition in a bowl.
Recipe by McCauley Tawpash
Chia seeds are considered one of the best superfoods and for good reason. These seeds are tiny and unassuming but pack a seriously nutritious punch. They're most notably known for being an excellent source of fiber and protein. Approximately 2 tablespoons contain as much as 11g of fiber and 4g of protein! With most of the fiber in chia seeds being the soluble variety, it can help keep glucose and cholesterol levels in check. The high soluble fiber content also promotes the growth of healthy bacteria in the gut, otherwise known as the microbiome, which can help with digestion, regulation of the immune system and more.
The healthy benefits of this recipe grow exponentially when you factor in the healthy fats of nutrient-dense ghee and coconut milk, plus the powerful blend of herbs in Coffee Boost: Immunity. These four herbs—ashwagandha, holy basil, amla and guduchi—are each classified as rasayanas. The term is given to herbs or herbal formulas which rejuvenate and help in maintenance and promotion of health. At its core, it means nutrition at all levels from macro to micro-cellular level. Rasayana therapy replenishes vitality within the body and nourishes the immune system.
Warm adaptogenic chia bowl recipe:
- 1 cup coconut milk or plant-based milk
- 3 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 tsp ghee
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 tsp HANAH Coffee Boost: Immunity
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- dash of sea salt
- 1 tbsp toasted coconut chips
- 1 tbsp pecans, chopped
- 1 tsp pepitas
- handful of fresh berries
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the coconut milk and chia seeds to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 2-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture becomes thick.
- Add in the honey, ghee, vanilla bean, Coffee Boost: Immunity, cinnamon, cardamom, and sea salt and stir until well combined.
- Transfer the chia pudding to a bowl and top with toasted coconut chips, pecans, pepitas, and berries. Serve immediately!
McCauley Tawpash is a holistic health coach and wellness chef who focuses on good quality food, conscious living, helping others, and making a positive impact in the world. Visit McCauley's blog or follow her on Instagram for more nutritious and delicious recipes.