A frosty, caffeinated refreshment for those warm weather days.
As memorial day comes and goes and we inch closer towards the summer months, iced coffee lovers everywhere are rejoicing. Of course, there are some coffee drinkers who look to the warm weather for a signal that it's time to break out the ice cubes, but if you ask HANAH employee Brittany, iced coffee is a year-round staple. Regardless of the season, you’ll find ice cubes bobbing in a frosty sea of creamy coffee inside Brittany’s HANAH x YETI mug. Needless to say, she has perfected the art of whipping up an iced coffee, and with that knowledge, comes a responsibility to share it with the world.
This recipe works best with espresso, but strongly brewed coffee works as well. Simple syrup is the preferred sweetener, as it mixes beautifully with cold beverages. A classic simple syrup is made from warming equal parts sugar and water on the stovetop until completely dissolved. Simple syrup is also great to have on-hand to sweeten other iced beverages, such as cocktails or teas. It can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three months. If you're feeling creative, you can infuse your simple syrup with flavor by adding ingredients like fresh herbs, vanilla pods or citrus peels to the syrup right as it comes off the burner. Cover to allow the simple syrup and flavoring ingredients to steep.
- 4 ounces almond milk or milk of choice
- 2 shots espresso or 3-4 ounces of strongly brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon HANAH Coffee Boost
- Ice cubes
- Dash of simple syrup
- Brew a double shot of espresso or at least 4 ounces of the coffee of your choice.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon of HANAH Coffee Boost while the espresso or coffee is still warm.
- Optional tip from Brittany: After adding the Coffee Boost, place your espresso or coffee in the refrigerator for a couple of minutes to cool down. This step is not 100% necessary, but prevents the hot coffee from melting the ice cubes.
- Fill your cup about halfway with ice cubes. Tip from Brittany: I like to use my HANAH x Yeti mug because the insulation keeps iced coffee nice and cold.
- Shake your almond milk vigorously for 10-15 seconds. This creates a creamy, foamy texture for your iced coffee.
- Pour the almond milk over the ice.
- Pour the espresso or coffee over the milk and ice.
- Add a dash of simple syrup or the sweeter of your choice and stir to combine.
- Sip and enjoy, preferably in the warmth of the sun.
Recipe by HANAH employee, Brittany Snyder