Introducing Ramón Navarro: HANAH Hero
Legendary surfer, activist Ramón knows a thing or two about fueling for Chilean big waves
From his fisherman father, HANAH Hero Ramón Navarro learned to dive and swim as a child and life changed at age 13 when he was given his first surfboard. Ramón began to compete in national competitions where he obtained high rankings at a very young age. In 1999 he sold his board to fly to California where he then worked as a gardener, builder and sold empanadas until he managed to make it to Hawaii with a goal of connecting with the legends of international surfing.
In 2001, Ramón became the first professional surfer in Chile to be sponsored. In 2006 he won the Punta de Lobos Ceremonial which opened the doors to achieve his greatest dream: participating in the Eddie Aikau Contest in Hawaii, which was the biggest surfing event in the world. He placed 5th in the tournament while surfing the biggest wave he’d ever caught. From there, you’ll find Ramón cruising around Fiji or Chile on the big wave hunt.
Pre-surf power: HANAH Hero Ramón Navarro makes his Guayakí Mate shake
Ramón Navarro has been surfing since he was a child and he learned early that having a clean fuel source kept him focused and energized for long hours in the ocean. Ramón has come to love the light and refreshing combination Guayakí Yerba Mate caffeine boost with the herbal blend of adaptogens, vitamins and minerals of HANAH ONE and Ashwagandha+. If you don’t already have some açai in the freezer or Guayakí in the pantry, pick some up today… most importantly, enjoy!
- 3 bananas (frozen for thicker consistency)
- 1 frozen pack açai berry blend (Sambazon carries a good organic açai product)
- ½ cup Guayakí Yerba Mate (add more liquid for a thinner consistency)
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup whole organic oats
- 1 tablespoon HANAH ONE
- 1 tablespoon HANAH Ashwagandha+
- 1 tablespoon Garden of Life Multigreens
- 1 tablespoon nut butter of choice
- Using boiling water, steep Guayakí Yerba Mate for 5-10 minutes, set aside
- Place all other ingredients into your blender
- When the Mate is finished steeping add to your blender (add more if a thinner consistency is preferred)
Check out these other recipes from professional surfers and HANAH Heroes Ian Walsh and Otto Flores:
Like this post? Share it!