Introducing Alex Yoder: HANAH Hero
Meet Alex Yoder
Alex is a professional snowboarder, filmmaker, environmental and health advocate, writer and traveler based in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. After a series of injuries, Alex chose to try a new and more focused approach to boarding inspired by Japanese snowboard shaper and rider Taro Tamai. He sought a more subtle, spiritual approach to the sport, focused on finding the cleanest line down the mountain and mastering the core essence of riding. Alex spends most of his winters on snowboard trips around the globe, where nutrition used to be hard to come by… but armed with his HANAH Go-Packs, he's ready for weeks off-the-grid.
Watch Alex in action
Patagonia's short film "Right to Roam" is not your typical snowboarding video. Shot in Scotland it explores universal land access–legal trespassing throughout the countryside. Watch it below and enjoy the journey.
- Patagonia x WRKSHRT, Right to Roam
- Patagonia x WRKSHRT, Foothills
- Jackson Hole x WRKSHRT, Transition
Alex's morning chai
Most mornings I add HANAH ONE into a cacao chai concoction and sometimes I put it in a smoothie or hot cereal, but this one is my favorite recipe:
- 1 cup homemade cashew milk (coconut milk if I'm traveling)
- 1 cup brewed loose leaf chai tea
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon HANAH ONE
- 1-2 teaspoons raw honey or maple syrup
- Heat up the milk on the stove (remove from heat just before it boils)
- Heat water and brew chai tea
- Grab your favorite mug, add cacao, HANAH ONE and brewed chai to warmed milk
- Sweeten to taste with honey or maple syrup
Some of Alex's favorite products
Alex's Pro-Model Gentemstick "XY"
Patagonia Descentionist Pack
Where to follow Alex
Learn more about all our HANAH Heroes here.
Like this post? Share it!