HANAH's Holiday pumpkin pie non-dairy & gluten-free version
Try our reinvented version of our HANAH ONE pumpkin pie! This time we are cutting out the dairy along with the gluten. This pie is subtly sweet and has a crisp delicious crust to go with its flavorful pumpkin center. The herbal blend of HANAH ONE mixes seamlessly with the signature flavor of pumpkin pie and the Ghee adds a creamy healthy fat substitute for butter. AND we are going to teach you how to make a delicious coconut whip cream to top it off!
* This recipe can be vegan too, if the Vechur Ghee is omitted.
Servings: 8-10 slices
Crust- ( You will need a 9" tart pan w/ removable bottom and food processor)
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 4 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 2-4 tablespoons almond milk
- 3 pitted dates
- 1 (15oz) can of pumpkin
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup pitted and chopped dates
- 1 heaping teaspoon HANAH ONE
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Vechur Ghee
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (5.4oz) can coconut cream chilled for 6-8 hours or overnight
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 dash salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place your can of coconut cream into the fridge to chill for 6-8 hours (best done if placed in fridge overnight so this step is done).
- For crust: combine oats, 3 tablespoons of the flaxseed meal, and the almond butter into a food processor. Pulse until mixed and then while processor is running slowly add the 2-4 tablespoons of almond milk just to the point where the mixture starts to stick together and is slightly moistened. Press mixture into bottom of the tart pan.
- For filling: combine the remaining 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal with 1/4 cup water and let sit for 5 minutes and then add to your food processor when ready. Then add the remaining ingredients and process until smooth. Spread filling into crust.
- Bake pie for 50-55 minutes or until the filling is set. After removing from oven, let cool for 30 minutes and then chill in the fridge for 2-8 hours to your liking. After chilling period is over, remove pid from tart pan.
- For whipped coconut cream: open can and pour out any liquid. Place the remaining cream into a bowl and add maple syrup, vanilla and salt. Whip with a whisk until desired texture is reached. If you are trying to steer clear of sweetener, try it without maple, vanilla and salt!
Like this recipe? Share it!