HANAH Rituals visits Myoko, Japan
Rituals is an exclusive HANAH video series that explores the daily routines of some of the world’s most inspiring athletes, adventurers and entrepreneurs. In an effort to inspire, motivate and share ideas, they have graciously given us a peek into their own rituals. We hope you enjoy this very personal series.
For the latest episode in our Rituals series, we caught up with two of the world’s best big mountain freeskiers, HANAH Heroes Michelle Parker and Mark Abma, in the Japanese Alps. Michelle was there filming her new Red Bull web series Originate and Mark joined up with Michelle and the film crew for some of the best skin tracks and backcountry riding in the world.
Check out this behind-the-scenes look at what a work day in Japan looks like for these two. Music propels each, plus we’ve got onsens, Tibetan monk chants, ukulele riffs and damn good udon.
Gear, location & soundtrack
- ABS pack
- Barryvox Element beacon
- Smith I/OX goggle
- Smith Code helmet
- Black Crows Ventus 3L jacket and Ventus 3L pant
- Black Crows Anima ski
- Dalbello Lupo boot
- Marker Kingpin binding
- Black Crows duo freebird poles
- Lotus Dance by Phil Thornton off Tibetan Meditation album
- Favorite Japanese dish: Ramen!
- Anon WM1 goggles
- Arcteryx Sentinal Jacket and Sentinal Pants
- Arcteryx Alpha SK pack (it's not out yet! Fall 2018)
- Black Crows Atris Birdie
- Tyde Ukulele
- Favorite Japanese dish: Squid Ink Udon
See what other cool things these two are up to:
- How Mark Abma Prepares for Winter
- HANAH is Available in the CAN + Mark Abma's Turmeric Latte
- Michelle Parker on Why She Founded SAFE AS Clinics